Talona Baptist Church is located near the Gilmer and Pickens County boundary in Whitestone, Georgia (off of Ga. State Route 515) The Ray family donated the land for the church which was established about 1865.
Some of the earlest burials with headstones still standing in 2002 were:
Goble, Cornelius, b. 1768, d. 1858
Goble, Sarah Teague, d. 1850
Ray, Mary, b. 1800, d. 18 Oct 1888
Ray, Robert b. 1793, d. Feb 1877