Daily Archive: October 22, 2011

Oct 22

Dahlonega Gold Museum State Historic Site

IMG_0651

The first courthouse in Lumpkin County was a log structure that stood in the vicinity of the present day village square in Dahlonega. In February 1834, John Humphries agreed to build the courthouse for two thousand dollars. The two-story brick building was completed in 1836.  Lumpkin County sold the courthouse to the state of Georgia …

Continue reading »