These DIY greeting cards can be constructed using digital scrapping, paper stamping, and/or a combination of both.
1. Purchase (or make) a set of white 4 in x 5.5 in cards (8 in x 5.5 folded) with envelopes.
2. In Photoshop create a rectangular image, 3.75 x 5 in, to be used on the outside of the card. Place design and text (optional) on this rectangle.
3. In Photoshop create a rectangular image, 3.75 x 5 in, with design and/or sentiment to be used on the inside of the card.
4. Print each rectangle on card stock (I used white in this sample)
5. Use a commercial “Corner rounder” to round each corner of each rectangle.
6. Mount each rectangles on the respective sides of the card.
Outside of Card #1
1. Cut 1 rectangle [3.75 in x 5 in] from a scrapbooking paper or card stock and place on the front of the card.
2. Create a design in Photoshop on a shape that will be cut out and placed on top of the rectangle in step 1. If the shape is a rectangle, make it about ¼ in. less on each side than the cutout in step 1.
1. Cut 1 rectangle [3.75 in x 5 in] from a colored piece of card stock and adhere it to the front of the card.
2. Cut a 2nd rectangular shape (about ¼ in shorter on each side.
a. Use an inked stamped to create a background on that sheet.
b. Use a second (or as many as you’d like) inked stamp to create a design
© Linda Geiger. All Rights Reserved.